planthoppers - Family Issidae, Chlamydopteryx sidnicus (Phaeopteryx sidnicus)
- This page contains pictures and information about Issid Planthoppers that we found in the Brisbane area,
- Issid Planthoppers are small in size and dull in colour with fore wings
often shorten or convex.
- Chlamydopteryx sidnicus (Phaeopteryx sidnicus), body length 4mm
- This is a small planthopper. We found it on a large Box bark gum
tree. It was wandering near the base of the tree trunk. It was Oct 2009 in
the Botanic Garden. When we were taking the photos, the small planthopper
quickly ran up along the tree trunk until we could not reach it.
- 1. Insects
of Australia, CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Melbourne University
Press, 2nd Edition 1991, pp 478.
- 3. Family Issidae - Issid planthoppers
- Fletcher, M.J. (2009 and updates). Identification keys and checklists for the leafhoppers, planthoppers and their relatives occurring in Australia and neighbouring areas (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha).
- 4. Family
ISSIDAE Spinola, 1839 - Australian Faunal Directory, Australian Biological Resources Study.
Back to Top
[ Up ] [ Delphacidae ] [ Cixiidae ] [ Fulgoridae ] [ Achilidae ] [ Derbidae ] [ Issidae ] [ Flatidae ] [ Eurybrachyidae ] [ Ricaniidae ] [ Lophopidae ] [ Other Hoppers and Unidentified Hoppers ]