Family Achilidae - Achilid Planthopper
- This page contains pictures and information about Achilid Planthoppers that we found in the Brisbane area,
- Planthoppers in this family are usually fungal feeding species. They can
be found under log or among leaf litter. When rest, they held wings
horizontally over abdomen. They are small in size and usually brown in
- Achilid Planthopper
- ? sp., family Achilidae, Subfamily
Achilinae, tribe Plectoderini, body length 6mm
- Pictures was taken in Karawatha Forest on Sep 2007. The planthopper was
mainly dull brown and grey with whitish markings.
- 1. Achilidae
- Insects of Townsville, Australia - Graeme Cocks.
- 2. Family
Achilidae - Fletcher, M.J. (2009 and updates). Identification keys and checklists for the leafhoppers, planthoppers and their relatives occurring in Australia and neighbouring areas (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha).
Back to Top
[ Up ] [ Delphacidae ] [ Cixiidae ] [ Fulgoridae ] [ Achilidae ] [ Derbidae ] [ Issidae ] [ Flatidae ] [ Eurybrachyidae ] [ Ricaniidae ] [ Lophopidae ] [ Other Hoppers and Unidentified Hoppers ]