- We found two species of this tribe in Brisbane. This tribe is closely
related to the next group Tribe Rhynchocorini.
They are from medium to large in size. Most of them are green or
yellowish-brown in colours.
- Green Vegetable Bug
- Nezara viridula, adult body length 15mm
- We sometimes found them on tomatoes and other vegetables. This is an
introduced species and a wide spread pest in the warmer part of the world. The
bug is green in colour. The immature stages
are brightly coloured with orange, red, black and green. More pictures and
information please visit this page.
- New Zealand Vegetable Bug
- ? Glaucias amyoti, body length 15mm
- This green stink bug can be found on vegetable and look very similar to
the above species. Although its common name, this bug can be found in New
Zealand, Australia and South-east Asia.
- 1. Glaucias Kirkaldy, 1908 - by Gerry Cassis, Emma Betts and Michael Elliott, Stink Bugs, Fauna Net, Australian Museum 2002
- 2. Glaucias amyoti (Dallas)
- Australian Insect Common Names, CSIRO 2005.
- 1. Insects
of Australia, CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Melbourne University
Press, 2nd Edition 1991, pp 508.
- 2. Stink
Bugs of Australia - FaunaKeys,
Australian Museum online 2003.
- 3. .
- 4. Nezarini - Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and Heritage, Commonwealth of Australia 2005.
- 5. Plant-feeding and Other Bugs (Hemiptera) of South Australia. Heteroptera – Part II - by Gordon F. Gross, South Australian Government Printer, Adelaide,
Back to top
[ Up ] [ Tribe Antestini ] [ Tribe Halyini ] [ Tribe Carpocorini & Agonoscelidini ] [ Tribe Diemenini & Menidini ] [ Tribe Nezarini ] [ Tribe Rhynchocorini ] [ Others ]