Order Hymenoptera, Family Ichneumonidae
- This page contains pictures and information about Ichneumon Wasps in subfamily Diplazontinae
found in the Brisbane area, Queensland, Australia.
- Hover Fly Larvae Parasite Wasp
- Diplazon laetatorius, subfamily Diplazontinae, body length 10mm
- The Hover Fly Larvae Parasite Wasp is in family ICHNEUMONIDAE and also called Ichneumon
The wasp is shiny black in colour with brown legs and brown abdomen. There is
the white segment on their hind legs. This species is endoparasites of Hover
Fly larvae. More pictures and information can be found in this page.
- 1. Insects
of Australia, CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Melbourne University
Press, 2nd Edition 1991, pp 943.
- 2. An introduction to the Ichneumonidae of Australia - Gauld, I.D. 1984,
[ Up ] [ Pimplinae ] [ Tryphoninae ] [ Phygadeuontinae ] [ Inchneumoninae ] [ Banchinae ] [ Ophioninae ] [ Anomaloninae ] [ Diplazontinae ] [ Metopiinae ]