This page contains pictures and information about Banded Pupa parasite
Wasps that we found in the Brisbane area, Queensland, Australia.
- Body length 15mm, female
- The wasp has white band on the antenna. Its body is black with white dots on
thorax and white-banded abdomen. The legs are orange-brown in colours. The
ovipositor is medium in length.
- As most other wasps in subfamily Phygadeuontinae,
The larvae are external parasites of pupae of moths.
- 1. Insects
of Australia, CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Melbourne University
Press, 2nd Edition 1991, pp 945.
- 2. An introduction to the Ichneumonidae of Australia - Gauld, I.D. 1984,
British Museum, page 158.
- 3. A
field guide to insects in Australia - By Paul Zborowski and Ross
Storey, Reed New Holland, 1996, p183.
- 4. Insects of Australia - By George Hangay & Pavel
German, Reed New Holland 2000, p117.
- 5. Wasps
- family Ichneumonidae - lifeunseen.com, by Nick Monaghan.
[ Up ] [ Banded Pupa Parasite Wasp I ] [ Banded Pupa parasite Wasp II ] [ Banded Pupa parasite Wasp III ] [ Black and White Ichneumon Wasp ] [ Black Ichneumon Wasp ] [ Black-headed Orange Parasite Wasp ] [ Red Ichneumon Wasp ]