Family Cicadellidae, Eurymelinae, Ipoini
- This page contains pictures and information about She-oak Leafhoppers that we found in the Brisbane area, Queensland, Australia.
- Body length 5mm
- The Leafhopper has head pronotum with pale yellowish mottled with light
and dark brown colours. Scutellum is about the same colours. Wing-covers are
mottled brown mixed with yellowish-green and broken white lines.
- Picture were taken in Sunnybank near Bulimba Creek on Nov 2007. The adults
and nymphs look like the Gum-treehopper of Eurymelinae.
However, they were not found on eucalypts but on Casuarina She-oak.
- The nymph has the typical Eurymelinae nymph look and black in
- 1. Genus
Ipoides Evans - Fletcher, M.J. and Larivière, M.-C.
- 2. Species
Ipoides honiala (Kirkaldy, 1906) - Australian Faunal Directory, Australian Biological Resources Study.
- 3. The leafhoppers and froghoppers of Australia and New Zealand (Homoptera: Cicadelloidea and Cercopoidea) - J W Evans, Australian Museum,
Back to top
[ Up ] [ Mottled-brown Treehopper ] [ Yellow-brown Treehopper ] [ She-oak Treehopper I ] [ She-oak Leafhopper II ] [ Paperbark Treehopper ]