- This page contains pictures and information about Small Acacia Longicorn Beetles
in tribe Ancitini that we found in the Brisbane area, Queensland,
- Longicorn Beetles in this tribe are small in size. Larvae feed primarily in Acacia.
- Small Acacia Longicorn Beetle I
- Ancita crocogaster,
body length 10mm
- This is a small longicorn beetle, with body length only
about 10mm. We found in Mt Coot-tha on new shoots of a small Acacia tree
during late summer March 2008. The beetle was very slow moving, walking around
on plants because of our disturbed, drop onto the ground after we took a few
photos. Please also check this page for more information and pictures.
- Small Acacia Longicorn Beetle II
- Ancita varicornis, body length 10mm
- This is a small Longicorn Beetle. It is black in colour with white
doted-lines pattern. The femur of all its legs are covered with dense white
hairs. There are hairs on its long antenna too. We found a number of them on a
Acacia tree near Bulimba Creek in Wishart during early summer. Please check
this page for more pictures and
- 1. A guide to the Genera of Beetles of South Australia Part.7 - Matthews, E.G. & Reid
C.A.M.Adelaide, Eureca Corporate Group, p14.
- 2. Cerambycidae, subfamily Lamiinae - lifeunseen.com, by Nick Monaghan.
- 3. Insects
of Australia, CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Melbourne University
Press, 2nd Edition 1991, p 673.
[ Up ] [ Monochamini ] [ Ancitini ] [ Niphonini ] [ Double-coned Longicorn ] [ Small Longicorn ] [ Fern Longicorn Beetle ]