- This page contains pictures and information about Spur-throated Grasshoppers
in Subtribe Apotropina & Perbelliina that we found in the
Brisbane area, Queensland, Australia.
- Epallia Grasshopper
- Epallia exigua, body length 40mm
- When we first saw this grasshopper, we thought it was the Slender Gumleaf Grasshopper.
Checked carefully we noticed that it had the flatten back then we
believed they are different species. More pictures and information can be
found in this page.
- Cooloola Shortwing
- Genus Novum 17, sp.1, body length
- Found this grasshopper in Mt Cotton during mid-summer. The grasshopper is brown to dark
brown in colour, reassemble dry leaves on the ground. There are the thin creamy
white line on each side of its thorax. The inner surfaces of its hind legs are
black in colour. Their antennae are relatively long. There are the white rings near the tip of the antennae.
More information and pictures please visit this page.
- Wingless Grasshopper
- Phaulacridium vittatum, body length 20mm
- The adults of this species may be shout-winged or fully-winged. The common
name is just an mistake to their nymph. Please check this page
for more information.
- 1. Insects
of Australia, CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Melbourne University
Press, 2nd Edition 1991, p391.
- 2. Grasshopper
Country - the Abundant Orthopteroid Insects of Australia, D Rentz,
UNSW Press, 1996, p179.
- 3. A Guide to Australian Grasshoppers and Locusts - DCF
Rentz, RC Lewis, YN Su and MS Upton, 2003.
Back to top
[ Up ] [ Peakesiina ] [ Apotropina & Perbelliina ] [ Goniaeina ] [ Eumecistina & Coryphistina ] [ Macrotona & Maclystriina ]