- Members in this family are often winged, elongate, small to medium in size.
They have very long antenna.
- Black-striped Stick Insect
- Austrosipyloidea carterus (former Sipyloidea carterus), body length 70mm
- This is a very thin stick insect, pale brown-yellow in colour with dark
brown thin lines along its body, resemble dry grass. The stick insect
was hard to be seen. We saw it only because it was flying pass and landed in front
of us among the long thin grasses. Even thought we spent minutes to locate it. Check
this page for more picture and
- Dark-winged Stick Insect
- Mesaner sarpedon, body length 70mm
- This is a very thin stick insect, pale mottled brown in colour with dark
brown patterns along its body. We found in stick insect in Ford Road Conservation Area
during mid summer Jan 2009. Its antenna is about the same length as its body.
Check this page for more information.
- 1. Insects
of Australia, CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Melbourne University
Press, 2nd Edition 1991, pp 400.
- 2. The
Complete Field Guide to Stick and Leaf Insects of Australia - Paul D. Brock and Jack W. Hasenpusch, CSIRO PUBLISHING,
[ Up ] [ Phasmatidae ] [ Diapheromeridae ]