HESPERIIDAE, Subfamily Pyrginae
- This page contains information and pictures about Common Redeye Flat Butterflies in the Brisbane area, Queensland, Australia.
They are also known as Eastern Dusk-flats.
- We saw this Skipper once in Ford Road Conservation Area on Jan 2009. It was flying,
may be due to our disturbed, and rested among trees under leaves. Caterpillars
feed on different type of food-plants.
- That was the only time that we saw this butterfly. As their common name
implied, they have red eyes. Male and female are looked about the same.
female is overall darker while male only darker on wing veins.
- 2. Australian Butterflies - Charles McCubbin, Nelson, Sydney,
- 3. The Complete Field Guide to Butterflies of Australia - Michael F
Braby, Australian National University, CSIRO 2004, p34.
Back to Top
[ Up ] [ Rare Red Eyes Flat ] [ Common Redeye Flat ] [ Eastern Bronze Flat ]